Monday, April 30, 2012

Z - Zillion

Zillion: very large indeterminate number.

Have you ever wondered what came after a trillion (quadrillion...)
You can see the numbers up to 600 zeros here.

Whew, who made up those names?

Anywho...zillion. I love when kids dramatically use that word to describe something.

"Mom, there were a zillion mosquitoes out there!" (probably true)

"When I grow up I'm going to live in a zillion dollar house." (eh, probably not)

"If I sell my pictures I will probably make a zillion dollars." (yea, nope)

Cute!

When I think of zillion, I more often think of

clothes to wash

dishes to clean

chores to be done

papers to file

lessons to teach

and

errands to run

Can you relate?

What zillion things are facing you this week?  Hope it goes well!

I've enjoyed participating in the A-Z Challenge; it's been lots of fun! 

Thanks to all my new followers!! I hope you stay around and enjoy a glimpse into our crazy lives. I love sharing it with you all.

Blessings to you!


7 comments:

Unknown said...

I think I used to walk a zillion blocks to school in the cold :) hee hee!

Judy said...

I want a zillion dollars (I know, not very zen-like) and I will share it with a trillion people!

Nel said...

I have enjoyed your posts! What fun!
until next time... nel

gail said...

Congratulations and thanks for bringing me to the challenge!

Joyce said...

Pretty sure we've spent a zillion dollars in university fees : ). Congrats on finishing strong!

betty said...

Saw your comment on Nel's blog so thought I'd come over and check out your blog. Congrats on finishing the A/Z Challenge! It was fun, wasn't it? Zillion when I think of it is probably unstacking the dishes or folding clothes, two of my least favorite chores to do (but grateful I have clothes to fold and dishes to put away :)

very cute blog you have; enjoyed reading some of your other A/Z posts :)

betty

Marianne (Mare) Baker Ball said...

Great Z word! And you're right, we use it for everything...I've got a zillion things to do! I'm glad I'll never be a zillion years old. :-)