Friday, April 20, 2012

R - Recovery

I'm on the road to recovery, but it has been slow-going.

Of course, I've shared the nasty cold with my family. Mark's symptoms started Wednesday, and Rhett's today. It will just be time before the girls get it, I'm afraid.

While being sick stinks, sometimes I think recovery is just as rotten. The dishes have piled up (hubs kept up with most of it!), the laundry is mountainous, the mail ignored, and the food in the fridge needs to be pitched. The house begs a scrubbing down to help reduce further infection.

What about school? When mamma's sick nobody is schoolin'. I hear some kids get two weeks of spring break! It just means we go further into the summer, but alas, that's better than the alternative of schooling them while I'm laid up. Sigh.

I shouldn't complain. My husband has been extra kind and helpful. Everyone let me sleep, no matter where I curled up. A three hour nap on the living room sofa meant everyone needed to be quiet. Thanks, guys!

Several friends and co-workers have had more serious colds and infections this spring and we've wondered if it was due to the mild winter. Maybe those nasty bugs didn't get killed off. Whatever happened, it sure feels like it's making up for not getting us in February.

I'm truly thankful for my health and I'm thankful that a cold is only a small disruption in life. We still have all our needs met and a warm cozy home in which to recuperate. I'm thankful and recovering!

5 comments:

gail said...

So glad to hear you are on the mend and that your family is so considerate!

Susan said...

I pray further and complete healing for you.

Conny said...

I've had a cold since last Friday - nothing serious besides I can't sleep well :( That doesn't help. I sympathize. Hope all are feeling better soon !!!

Nel said...

Glad you are feeling better! I have been taking a off brand zyrtec every night and that seems to help me. There has been a lot of sick people!
until next time... nel

Brenda said...

Glad you're feeling better. Sunny and Grace and my MIL got sick 2 weeks ago. So far so good with me. I've been downing double doses of Vit. C along with my regular vitamins. Thanking God for my good health.