Tuesday, April 3, 2012

C - Chickens

Please, tell me you're not surprised.
Our chicken experiment is in full swing on the farm!

I have been letting the chicks outside a little each day. I sit in their corral while they're getting sun using the excuse that I'm sure an eagle or a fox will snatch them, when in truth, I just like sitting with them. It's good letter-writing and Vitamin D time! They are very sweet! Here's a few snapshots from today.

Still trying to figure out if they want to go outside

A chick will settle down in your arms, but not for long.
They are so soft!

Beautiful color

Looking for a treat

They love to peck at your toes if your wearing flip flops. Ouch!


12 comments:

Brenda said...

How fun! I'm sure the family is enjoying it too. How long before eggs come along...I know that's probably a dumb question but I know nothing about them!

Angie said...

Your question isn't dumb, but my answer is: "I don't know!" :)

My husband read the chicken book. I bet he knows.

Joyce said...

I think it would be fun to have some chickens but they'd never survive the wild kingdom that is my backyard. We do have lots of farms in this area and I can get fresh eggs...the farmers put a lot of work into animal lock out I think : )

Tara Tyler said...

must be fun to have chicks around! i raised a mallard chick in college =) peep peep!

Judy said...

How fun to raise your own chickens! Are they for eggs, dinner, both??

Adrienne said...

They look like fun-except for the toe pecking!

Nel said...

Little chicks are so cute, I remember getting one for Easter when I was a kid. They can be a lot of work too.
until next time... nel

gail said...

I don't think they would survive the cats in this neighborhood!

Betsy Brock said...

Oh how neat! I love to see them grow up like that. Are they for eggs or meat? What a fun "C" word!

Sherry Ellis said...

Awww. They're so cute. It's amazing how many different kinds there are.

Ridges & Ripples said...

They really are getting so big! I can't wait to see them next weekend!

g-girl said...

wow. so cool! :) any eggs yet?