Monday, April 9, 2012

H - Humor

I didn't know what I was going to write about today until I looked at our Easter pictures.


HUMOR!
The Martens' Gang has plenty of humor to go around.

We wear silly hats...

and create silly toys (Nerf darts on sunglasses).

We find humor in simple things...

and accessorize in a big way.

No fun to be had? We make our own fun!

We play at the mall (with shopowner's approval)...



and we play in the rain.
(You won't be seeing me in a swimsuit anytime soon!)

Our creativity is a little wacky...


and so are our snowmen.

We make monkey faces...

and wear crazy glasses.

We laugh at inappropriate moments
(reading a sentimental letter from my son)...

and make any formal occasion a time for laughter.

All in all, we're just our version of a normal family.

14 comments:

Nel said...

What a fun post! I love your pictures, you can see the love and fun all of you have for each other. Great post!
until next time

Brenda said...

OMGosh! Those are hilarious! I think I would enjoy spending the day with your family. I'd make sure and bring along an extra set of undies as I'm sure I'd tinkle in my britches at some point! I know TMI, right? I tried making that face of yours, how do you do that?!

Angie said...

Brenda, so funny! The face just takes practice! Get your upper lip first then add the bottom until you can do it simultaneously. :)

Anonymous said...

So proud to be related to this bunch. I hope that you had a blessed Easter. -Scott Couch

Ridges & Ripples said...

Oh you guys, Can't wait to see you on Friday!

Mari said...

I can see that I would love your family! The ability to laugh and have fun is high on my list of important things!

gail said...

!!!

Anonymous said...

Humour is such an essential part of life. Looks like much fun and bonding at your place.

Judy

Sylvia Ney said...

Love this post - So much fun! New follower here. I’m enjoying reading my fellow “A to Z”ers. I look forward to visiting again.

Sylvia
http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

Kris Coffee said...

My fave is the one of you laughing, wide-open at your son's letter. I can hear that laugh; I love that laugh!
And, of course, the 2 family pics...hilarious and beautiful. What is happening to your children?? They are growing up! Rhett looks so different in the recent pics!! And the girls, they're lovely!

Nikki said...

This was such a lovely post, these pictures made me smile :)

Joyce said...

Y'all look like lots of fun!

Anonymous said...

Hope you're enjoying doing the Ato Z's. Great h. glad I popped by.

Lynn L. said...

Normal is just a setting on the dryer. I LOVED your pics!