I thought I'd participate in Joyce's Hodgepodge today.
If you'd like to participate you may click here.
1. My (Joyce) daughter2 is graduating from university this month and plans to teach elementary school. What are three qualities you most want to see evidenced in a teacher?
the ability to find something loveable/redeemable in each child,
a sense of responsibility,
and a love of learning
2. You can tell a lot about a person by_____________________.
how they respond to something negative,
how well-behaved their children are,
and how they listen
3. What song makes you think spring?
Just singin' in the Rain
4. May 1st is Mother Goose Day...share your favorite nursery rhyme.
I have a pop-up nursery rhyme book from my childhood and the picture of the following rhyme always intrigued me. I guess I thought it would be fun to live in a shoe with a bunch of brothers/sisters.
There was an old lady who lived in a shoe
She had so many children she didn't know what to do
She gave them some broth without any bread,
She whipped them all soundly and sent them to bed.
Why are nursery rhymes so creepy?
5. What makes someone unforgettable?
being attentive to others,
and a smile
6. Should music and/or art be part of a well rounded education?
Yep, at our house music and art are as important as all the other academic studies. I think music and art are ways that God displays His creativity - ones in which He allows us to participate. (I can't create a universe, but I can draw a picture, put together a flower arrangement or play a song on an instrument.) I feel a little strongly about this one!
7. What social situations make you flustered or nervous?
I'm not a huge fan of my husband's work parties where I have to make small talk with strangers. Do they hate it as much as I do?
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Joyce will be joining the Our Front Door Pinterest Post Party.
The challenge? Try some of my Pinterest pins and blog about them every Tuesday and Thursday in the month of May. (Hint: you can follow my Pinterest boards by clicking on the button in my sidebar.)
I'm with Joyce, I may not post about this every Tuesday/Thursday, but it might motivate me to give some a try!
You A-Zers with Pinterest should join us!