1. On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being a cranky-baby-hissy-fitter, how much of a complainer are you?
Hmmm. I am a pessimist so I'm sure everything will be much worse than it turns out to be, but I can't stand whining/complaining. I guess I'm a 4; that's what my gut says I am, but it might be a 2 since I'm a pessimist! I doubt it.
2. When someone else is talking, do you listen, or are you thinking about what you're going to say in response?
When I was younger (20's) I was thinking about what I was going to say because I wanted to impress people. Now it takes all my concentration to listen. I like being in my 40's!
3. I just deleted 1062 messages from my email account. Do you have any plans for a clean sweep this month--of anything?
I always have brilliant PLANS for a clean sweep; it's the execution that kills me. I did clean out MY DOCUMENTS folder as prep for my husband working on my computer. I still have to go through other stuff and I'm procrastinating. (I hope he doesn't read this!)
And now, here are some brilliant questions from a gal named Angie at Angie's Ad Lib who graciously offered to let me borrow her brain. Please go over and see Angie because it was so nice of her to help me out. Thank you so much, Angie!
That's me!! Wow, thanks, Linda, for including my questions this week. I feel like I won something. :)
4. Tell us about your perfume. Was it a gift? What does it remind you of? Do you have a signature scent?
It's pretty bad when you submit a question so you can use one of your favorite old posts. If you have the time, please read scents and scents-ability. Otherwise, the short version - I love wearing Blue Grass by Elizabeth Arden.
5. What is your best organizing tip for the new year?
I used to write several goals each year and come back to look at them off and on. Recently I started just having a slogan for the year...something that encompasses all that I already know I want to work on. Last year's slogan was "Joyful Obedience." This year's is "A Sound Mind in a Sound Body!" So much easier to keep my priorities in mind.
6. What is your favorite comic strip?
Baby Blues by Rick Kirkman/Jerry Scott
7. Do you sleep with a fluffy or flat pillow?
Just like Linda - fluffy - cold side only, please
8. What color is your kitchen? Why did you choose that color?
butter yellow with a red wainscoting back splash
9. What’s the most interesting bumper sticker you’ve seen?
10. Do you prefer an expensive writing tool or whatever is lying around? (Are you a Montblanc or a PaperMate?)
Yes! (Although Parker is not quite Montblanc.)
Love these!11. What chore doesn’t feel like a chore – you just enjoy it (at least most of the time)?
I enjoy cleaning the bathrooms. Love the sparkling finish.
12. If your parents often repeated themselves, what is something one of them said more than once?
My brother and I had my Dad's speeches numbered. We used to tell him he could save time if he just said the number instead of the same old thing. (Smarties!) There was nothing profound: "stop horsing around", "put the phone cord back" (Dad had a fetish; sorry Dad!), "do you think money grows on trees", "be quiet I'm sleeping", "do you want to get up at 5am to do your chores"...the list is endless. I think we were in triple digits once we numbered them all. Great memories...really!