1. So I was thinking about how Jon Bon Jovi never seems to age much. His hair is smaller nowadays, but he still manages to look like a boy somehow. And then that made me think of the story of Dorian Gray. Question: If you physically lock in one age for yourself, which would you choose and why?
Physically - 22, right before I began having kids, but I'd never trade that if I had to go back to who I was at 22 yrs. old. Love the wisdom that comes with age!
2. What is the best dish that you cook or bake (your piece de resistance?)
My snickerdoodle is divine! When I first got married I couldn't cook AT ALL (not even a grilled cheese sandwich.) My husband taught me how to cook and now I have a large repertoire of great recipes. After first learning how to cook I wanted to make Mark his favorite cookie - the snickerdoodle. I borrowed a recipe, found a few in cookbooks and kept playing with it until I came up with my own combo. He thinks they're perfect and that's all that matters to me! Maybe I'll make a batch today...
3. When you feel blue, what is one strategy you use to help yourself back to normal?
Sleep or praise music - depends on what I need the most.
4. When was the last time you danced in public?
At a Lock-In with my girls last Friday night...chicken dance, Y-M-C-A, electric slide, the twist - all the classics!
5. Do you consider yourself a realist or dreamer?
98.5 % realist (dream a tiny bit!)
6. As a parent, what is one thing that you have done well?
We literally have one rule in our house, "Obey quickly and happily." We address whatever issue comes up quickly and realize the heart attitude is as important as the actual compliance. I have truly amazing children, but I believe it's by the grace of God. We are blessed!
7. Which is your favorite character on the Andy Griffith show?
Aunt Bee was my favorite character. She was just the cutest thing! I'd love to come home to her cooking any day. But my fave part of the show...the theme song. I'll probably be whistling it all day now.8. On a scale of 1-10, how much do you know about Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.?
5 - just enough.
9. Have you never been mellow? Have you never tried … to find a comfort from in side you? (Sorry, Jorge was singing that song just now, and it just seemed to be perfect timing as I was creating this week’s questions.) REAL question: What is your #1 driving pet peeve?
Driving, like on the road driving? If you have ever experienced the Capital Beltway around Washington DC you would know it's impossible to narrow it down to ONE pet peeve. How about arrogance - however someone demonstrates it! Why can't we just give a little grace to each other out there, people! Don't get me going...
Um...Linda, are we still not wearing the "Thanks, Not Cranks" bracelet? I've got to switch arms now.
10. Which color best represents your mood today? Care to elaborate?
Gray with a touch of cloudy. (switching arms) I didn't sleep that well and awoke with a headache. The to-do list is LONG today. That's why I'm here with you instead of working. :)
11. If your spouse were an animal, which would he/she be?
Wow! I really don't know how to answer this question. Thinking...thinking...
Ok, he's a Chameleon. I mean that in the kindest way! He can adapt to any situation and blend right in. It really is a gift.
12. What activity takes up the bulk of your time on an average day?
Generally, homeschooling, but laundry is not far behind!