Saturday, January 28, 2012

Scrappy Challenge - red log cabin


I've been cutting most of the day and have lots of strips to make several red log cabin quilt blocks. However, we had other plans for the evening so I only got one pieced together before having to quit. This is my FIRST log cabin quilt block! Yay!

I'm thinking about making one of these blocks with a white square center. My plan is to make log cabin quilt squares out of the color challenges each month for a rainbow quilt to finish in 2013. That's the plan for now. (I'm also toying with the idea of a nine patch quilt; love those!)

Thanks to you all for the sweet comments last Saturday! I am excited about all quilting has to offer and getting to meet new friends along the way.

SoScrappy

6 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Very fun idea Angie!

Cathy Tomm said...

I love log cabin blocks. I had considered that Idea as many of my scraps are strips.

Sheila said...

I agree. I hope to make enough blocks and strips each month to sew together at the end of the year to make two or three rainbow quilts.

scraphappy said...

Great looking log cabin block. So glad you are enjoying the challenge. I hope you have a great collection of blocks by the end of the year.

Scrappy quilter said...

Very nice!!

Ellen said...

Cute little block - you will have a pretty rainbow quilt at the end of the year.