One of the books I frequently read is The Maxwell Daily Reader. In December John Maxwell, the author, writes about change. I'd like to share a portion of the 24th's entry.
...leadership expert Max DePree says, "We cannot become what we need to be by remaining what we are." (So true, hence, the 2012 goals!)
Here's what to look for and how to focus your energy to get the kinds of changes that will change you for the better:
* Don't change just enough to get away from your problems - change enough to solve them.
* Don't change your circumstances to improve your life - change yourself to improve your circumstances.
* Don't do the same old things expecting to get different results - get different results by doing something new. (uh, hm. Do I hear Dr. Phil?)
* Don't wait to see the light to change - start changing as soon as you feel the heat.
* Don't see change as something hurtful that must be done - see it as something helpful that can be done.
* Don't avoid paying the immediate price of change - if you do, you will pay the ultimate price of never improving.