Hopefully, my faithful readers will enjoy today's edition of the Random Dozen hosted by Linda at 2nd cup of coffee. Thanks, Linda, for "getting me out of the house" to talk with others. Ha!
1. Are you pleasant when you're ill, or are you a grumpy, fussy patient?
2. When you find out that school is canceled (due to inclement weather) what is your gut reaction?
As a homeschool family, my first question is, "Do WE take the day off?" If it seems like it may be a one day event, then I usually let them play outside and watch movies. If the cancellations go on for 3+ days, then we get back to it before everyone else. By then they need some focused work to do. (for my sanity's sake.)
3. What is one domestic skill you wish you could improve?
4. Do you decorate your home for Valentine's Day?
Not usually, but I have done it.
5. What song is on your mind today? The Father's Song by Matt Redman
6. Do you prefer contemporary movies or classic?
I'm a TCM girl all the way!
My favorite book/movie (besides Gone with the Wind) is Random Harvest.
I do not have the compartmentalizing gene! Everyone knows when something is wrong; I just can't help it. I try not to over-dramatize (well,
8. What is the first thing that attracted you to your spouse? (Or if you're single, to your best friend.)
He listens well. (plus, the blue eyes and mischievous smile).
Tell me, you couldn't limit yourself to just one thing, could you?
9. When was the last time your heart raced?
Can't tell you!
Actually, when thinking about Ronald Coleman - answer # 6.
Maybe # 8 though. ;)
10. What are your memories of Valentine's Day at school?
I just remember the joy of exchanging cards. I would fret over just the right one to give each person and hope that the boys understood the "deeper" meaning. :) I loved decorating an old coffee can as my "box" and it would be deposited in the back of my closet for further perusal throughout the year.
11. If you were going to receive candy for Valentine's Day, which would you prefer?
Something chocolate and caramel. Yum.
12. Red or pink?
Both! I grew up in a red/pink room (Really! It was the 70's/80's, folks.) Red shag carpeting/pink walls...so pretty! :) I love to wear both colors. They're dead even for me; my two favorites.