Bring Back Tug of War!
2. Do remember a specific Olympic moment from the past?
Who can forget the story of Dan Jansen. In 1988 Dan Jansen skated just a few hours after his sister Jane died of leukemia. He vowed to win gold in her honor, but fell down twice. He didn't come home with a medal. He tried again in '92 and fell again. He returned a third time in '94, only to fail at winning a place on the medal stand for his specialty, the 500 meters. Finally, during his last race in '94, the 1000 meters, he sets new World & Olympic records and wins the Gold! His baby daughter, Jane, is handed to him on the ice and he takes a victory lap in his sister's honor. I can still cry just watching the videos! Love it!!
3. Have you ever known anyone who competed in the Olympics?
Yes, I had a professor in college who had won gold and 2 silver in Greco-Roman Wrestling. I used to babysit his kids and saw his medals on many occasions.
4. If everyday activities were Olympic-worthy, which activity would you have a gold medal in?
Best all-around for keeping a family of 6 up and running!
5. Do you know anything about your ethnic heritage?
Yes, and I wrote about some of my relatives who brushed shoulders with some famous folks here.
6. Do you enjoy sleeping late?
7. Have you ever performed CPR on anyone? Do you know how? (Yes, that's two, I know. Whatevs.)
No, I have not performed CPR. I haven't taken the training, but think I could administer CPR if needed.
8. Name one country you'd like to visit and explain why.
Peru. My husband and two older children have been there on mission trips and they fell in love with the people and country. We also support a young girl there through Compassion. I would love to visit her someday. My husband says if I go, I'll never return home.
9. Have you ever fixed up a couple romantically?
We've tried by making introductions, but let them take it from there. So far, no marriages.
10. What is the last book you read?
Fiction - A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens, Non-Fiction: Southern Living Cookies
11. Do you enjoy sleeping late? NO, YOU write the question! How's that for random??
My question: If you could be a character in a book, who would you be and why?
I wish I could be a cross between Scarlett O'Hara and Miss Melanie! I'd love to have the drive, ingenuity and fortitude of Scarlett, but love and trust others like Miss Mellie. There's never one fictional character that can embody it ALL, but I do admire these qualities about the two main women in Gone with the Wind. Could be why it's an enduring story...
BTW, if you didn't know I was a BIG FAN of Gone with the Wind, you should read the introduction of my family written as my second blogpost last year.
12. What is your favorite meal at your favorite restaurant?
I had the MOST amazing Pecan-crusted Chilean Sea bass at the Red Fox Tavern in Middleburg, VA, but the chef left and they don't serve that dish anymore. It was truly memorable! Yum!!