Monday, February 8, 2010

I've Got Sunshine On A Cloudy Day!

I received my first blog award!

Thank you, Nel at Fastenau Facts, for sending a little sunshine my way!

The Sunshine Award is awarded to bloggers whose positivity and creativity inspire others in the blog world.

How nice that someone thought that of me! Since I'm snowed in under two feet of snow, this is the perfect time to pass along some sunshine to some of my favorite bloggers.

Below are the rules for accepting these awards:

  • Put the logo on your blog or within your post.
  • Pass the award on to 12 fellow bloggers.
  • Link the nominees within your post.
  • Let the nominees know they have received the award by commenting on their blog.
  • Share the love and link to the person whom you received this award from.

Please, check out the blogs that bring a little sunshine to my day:

Sara from ...make music from your heart is my link to Project 365. She takes interesting pictures and you will enjoy the many talents of her kids. I love her prayer link where you can share your requests and she will pray for you. What a great idea for ministering to other women! Her blog is one of my newest found "comfy" places to visit.

Traci from Beneath My Heart is so sweet. Her inspiration for blogging came from her mother who passed away last fall. She shares special memories of her mom entitled "Wednesdays with Wanda." Traci has lots of gorgeous home improvement projects. She makes me want to get off my computer and go create something.

Sarah from In The Midst of It is just that...in the midst of it. She has a fun-filled life shared with her husband-pastor, cute kids and lots of animals. When I started reading blogs for the first time last winter, Sarah's was my favorite blogger and first to follow. She sews lots of beautiful quilts & clothes, but you'll enjoy her mishaps just as much as the beauty she shares.

You will never read a funnier and more well-written blog than Robynn's at Robynn's Ravings. Any length of time spent with her would leave your face sore from smiling and laughing; she takes even the greatest challenges and makes them entertaining. She brings sunshine to any gloomy day!

One of my dear real-life friends has a wonderful photography blog. Sofia at Still.Sofia has the natural ability to see the good in everyone and it shows in her photography. If you live near the San Francisco area you should give her a try; I think you'll make a friend for life in the process.

I've recently met H-Mama from Family Team through Project 365. She takes wonderful pictures that seem to truly capture the moment! She has two adorable daughters and I think you'll enjoy H-Mama's take on home life and motherhood.

Kim from Just a Southern Girl knows how to live the life in Argentina! I love her Project 365 pics each week that share the native culture and foods. In the barren snow-drift of DC, her Argentina pictures are a welcome respite. I'm looking forward to seeing her winter during our summer in a few months.

Rebecca Jo from Knit By God's Hands makes the most delicious-looking food! I tried her Russian Chicken and can't stop thinking about it! I found her blog via Project 365 and love her dry sense of humor. Her wreath survival photo cracked me up. Have you met my mother, Rebecca? She keeps her poinsettias year-round. I, on the other hand, do not have a green thumb (and it doesn't bother me.)

I enjoy Catherine from The Giesbrechts: Time and Tide. She has a dry sense of humor. Check out her post on Jan 12 about the core/corp. I met Catherine through the Random Dozen and have enjoyed her insightful and humorous blog ever since.

I haven't gotten to know Rita from Meemaw Moments very well, but she's one of those people I just enjoy. What a talented bunch of people they've got in their family - an ice sculptor, a potter, and a memoir writer. I enjoy visiting Rita and seeing what's new in their neck of the woods.

Amy at All Things A Ro and I share a love of teaching and music! She shares on both Project 365 and the Random Dozen so I've gotten to know her pretty quickly. She's passionate about what she does and the people she loves; that's what makes her refreshing. With a dash of self-deprecating humor she's a good read.

I haven't gotten to know Barbie from My Freshly Brewed Life very well yet, but she epitomizes the positivity of the Sunshine Award. You will be encouraged as you read her devotional thoughts. Plus, we've both been married about 21 years and have 4 kids - what could be better than that!

4 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

AHHH - thanks for the award!!! That's a great way to start a day!!!!

H-Mama said...

Awwwww... thanks so much, Angie. Such kind words. ((hugs))

sara said...

Angie, thanks so much for the award AND the kind words. we actually woke up with snow this morning...in AR, what? (and I was not happy about it) so your post made me smile!! thx!

Barbie said...

WOW, thank you so much for the award. It inspires me to know that people do read my blog. I am still fairly new at this! Thank you so much!