Now on to the Random Dozen:
1. Have you ever fired a gun or shot a bow and arrow?
I've shot a bow and arrow in high school archery class and loved it. Gun, not yet. Would like to try....maybe, a Glock. That just sounds cool.
2. Do you know where your childhood best friends are?
Yes, but only two from childhood. I have several friends from college still willing to claim me. :)
3. Do you usually arrive early, late, or on time?
Yes to all three. I am never late for Dr. appts. I'm usually early for church and work. I'm usually right on time for our homeschool co-op if the traffic cooperates and I'm usually late for my kid's art class. Still trying to figure out why that is! Was that too much information...maybe.
4. Are you more of a New York or California type?
I married a San Diego boy. Beach = happiness.
5. Do you have a special ring tone?
No. I was sent the Fringe theme song by my daughter's boyfriend. It's in my message inbox. I don't know how to make it a ring tone. I'm challenged, but happy.
6. What is your favorite type of chip?
computer chip, chocolate chip, Chip & Dale...so many chips to choose. Might you mean a potato chip? I like Baked Lays, thank you.
7. Best comedy you've ever seen is ....
I LOVE Much Ado About Nothing, a comedy by William Shakespeare. It's all about the word play, my friend!
Emma Thompson, you rock!
8. Have you ever cut your own hair? To quote Dr. Phil, "How'd that work for ya?"
Oh, Linda, why did you go there. Yes! For my high school Senior picture my mother set an appointment for me at Olan Mills one day after school. I came home that afternoon and decided that my hair needing trimming before driving myself to the studio. I hacked away. It was drastic. I realized the slippery slope I was on and being a primper extraordinaire I managed to make it look O.K., but weeks later when the pictures arrived my mom gasped and said, "What happened to your hair?" Did she not see me the night after the photo session? Yes, Mom, I cut my hair. Now I have it for posterity. (*Sorry I can't share the picture with you; it's buried in the back of the storage closet for good reason.)
9. If you were going to have an extreme makeover, would you rather it be about your house or your personal self?
House all the way! How fun would that be!!
10. Are you allergic to anything?
Bee stings, some food/product dyes, laundry. :)
11. Why is it so hard to change?
Habits are hard to break, Mr. Snicker's bar.
12. One last question dedicated to February love: CS Lewis said, "To love is to be vulnerable." Please share one example of that assertion or share any thought you'd like to about this topic.
I think when you're willing to give yourself fully, you reap a great reward in transparency and trust. You risk a greater hurt, but in the end, I believe it's worth the risk. Really, how deep can love be without vulnerability?