Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Random Dozen # 10

It's Random Dozen time...

1. It's early morning, about 2:00AM, and you're driving home. You come to a red light and sit there. There is no one in sight for miles around. Do you wait it out or run the light?

Such a rule follower...this has happened to me and I totally waited for the light.

2. If you had the chance to re-do the last 24 hours, would you change anything?

Go to bed earlier...maybe.

3. When you reply to someone's comment on your blog, do you reply in your comments or go to her blog and comment? (Or email her)

go to their blog and comment

4. Your favorite Disney movie is:

Mary Poppins, the first movie I saw in theaters with my Daddy.

5. Do you recycle?

Do you really need to know? No and I feel the shame, thanks.

6. Games of strategy or games of chance?

If I have to choose - games of chance, but I prefer memory games above all.

7. Do you have any recurring dreams?

Not now, as an adult. As a child I dreamt my family was being tortured in a "Dr. Suess" machine while I was being restrained and made to watch. They came out like little toothpicks. Wouldn't Freud have had fun with that one!

8. What did you learn from your first real job?

How to flirt with the delivery boys...oh, you might have meant something a little more honorable. Um, how to handle a large switchboard, and to be nice to nasty people.

9. Do you buy or borrow most books?

I'm a library frequent-borrower.

10. What fashion trend of the past did you say you'd never wear again but did?

Plaid pants

11. When do you start Christmas shopping?

In a good year, right about now. When I procrastinate - a week before Christmas.

12. Have you ever been so happy that you literally jumped up and down for a few seconds? If so, what was the occasion?

When my husband got tickets for my three girls and I to go see the Jonas Brothers in concert, three hours before the concert began! Here's a pic of their faces when the Jo Bro's came out.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm a first time visitor to your blog, but the Dr. Seuss machine and the toothpick family had me laughing out loud, so I am definately going to follow you. I want to read more of this stuff. :)

Look at your girls- that also is cracking me up and now my daughter is looking at them and she is cracking up. So young, yet so infatuated ( did I spell that right, because it is really getting late and I am fading)

Great answers!

Joyce said...

Hi...visiting today from Lindas meme...that is a great picture in #12!

H-Mama said...

Oh my... our girls would have the same expressions. What a nice surprise! Fun!

Plaid? Really? Hehe...

Barbie said...

Hi there! Thank you for commenting on my random dozen answers. Mary Poppins...how could I have possibly forgotten that one. Oh and do you remember Chitty Chitty Bang Bang? Was that Disney? Love the girls' faces in reaction to the Jonas Bros. Priceless. I will visit again!

Susanne said...

A picture is worth a thousand words! Gotta love that picture!

I think Mary Poppins was the very first movie I saw in theatres too!