Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Airing My Clean Laundry

Part 2...

A few days ago, I shared how I organize my dirty laundry here.

Where does it go after it comes out of the dryer?

Well, when I hear the dryer beep I head downstairs (or fluff the load because I didn't hear it, ignored it, etc.), throw the load in a basket and sit on the second to the last step of my stairwell, right in front of this narrow cupboard. (I'm taking the picture while sitting on one of the steps.)

Here I fold the clothes and stack everyone's pile in one of the spots on this mini-bookshelf.

Now the best part...everyone is trained to come get their own laundry and put it away! Really! They are also trained (except hubby) to put their dirty clothes in the basket in the hall upstairs and someone carries it down when it's full. (best case scenario...we all have those, right?)

I put the clean sheets and towels in a basket stored in my laundry room and when it's full I take it upstairs and put it all away in the linen closet. This then becomes the new dirty clothes basket upstairs. It's just a continual rotation of baskets.

The cupboard looks rough, I know, and someday I'll figure out how to refinish furniture and get it done, but until then, it's still very functional. Someday it will be as pretty as my clean laundry.

Got any organizing tips to share? I'd love to hear about them!

No comments: