1. If you could master one sport, what would it be?
Ping Pong! You see, my husband has mad-skills at putting spins on his ping pong returns. Just once I'd like to showcase some talent and whip his pants! (all in good fun, of course!) Here's what I'm dreaming of:
2. When you make a major purchase, do you go with your gut instinct, or do you do research to make an informed decision?
Research...my husband is great at doing the legwork, followed by gut instinct - which researched product seems like the best idea for us.
3. There is an old kids' game that says you can find out what your movie star name would be by using your middle name as your first name and the name of the street you grew up on as your last. What is your movie star name?
Michelle Riverview (she's the host of Mission Organization, btw!)
4. Would you rather give up your favorite music or your favorite food?
Uhhh...neither? Food and music are BIG in our house. It would be slightly easier to give up the music, I think. I could probably find a new favorite musically over giving up BBQ Chicken and Snickers bars.
5. There are two types of banana preferences. One is pristine yellow, almost to the point of being green; the other is spotty and more ripe. Which is your preference?
pristine yellow, almost green...a FRESH banana. so yummy.
6. Your favorite tree is?
I like a lot of trees, but my two faves - a freshly cut pine for our Christmas tree and Weeping Willow. I grew up with a Weeping Willow in our front yard and I could hide out under it when I needed a quiet place to go. It was so beautiful blowing in the wind. Sweet memories.
7. On a scale of 1-10, how tech savvy are you?
Ummm, I had to use the help button to figure out how to add a YouTube video. I did it though. Armed with a good library book, I'm a 5 or 6. Left to my own devices - probably a 2.
8. Has H1N1 touched your family?
Who knows? The little girls had minor flu-like symptoms at the end of October, but nothing traumatic. My oldest daughter's boyfriend at college got really sick around the same time, claiming H1H1, but I don't think he was ever clearly diagnosed with that specific flu...nice drama though.
9. Are you an analytical person, or do you just accept things the way they are without questioning or scrutinizing?
Mostly analytical; I rarely just accept anything, but my emotions cloud my judgment (or that's what my family tells me!)
10. Is your personality more like that of a dog, cat, or Koala?
I'm a cat all the way! I do things on my own terms, like to be with others when I'm interested, could care less if you like me, but can be perfectly charming when I want to be. A few eyes might have been scratched, but I'm in rehab. There's a sweet playful kitten in there too, lest you get the wrong idea. :)
11. Do you keep in touch with friends you made years ago?
I keep in touch with some friends. I'm faithful about connecting with a Christmas card and FB has helped me keep up with friends throughout the rest of the year. I enjoy writing handwritten letters and maintain communication with a few the "old-fashioned" way.
12. You are checking out at a grocery store. In the express lane, there are more people than the regular lanes, but of course, their load is less than those in the regular lanes. Which lane do you choose (assuming you qualify for the express lane) and why?
I inadvertently choose the slowest lane...it's a gift.