Thursday, April 30, 2009

God's Work in India

If you have any time this week, please read this blog. I have been following Angie's blog since near it's beginning and if you want a really good cry...and I mean a really good one...go back and read her entire story of losing their fourth daughter, Audrey Caroline.

I share Angie's blog with you today because she has taken a Compassion trip to India and her posts are wonderful! Don't begin with today's post...go back at least to Monday or Tuesday's posts and see ALL that GOD IS DOING! It's neat to see first hand how the Lord is providing for the children/families through Compassion in this country.

Several years ago Mark, Ashley and I decided to sponsor a Compassion child from Peru. Alexandra, our Peruvian daughter, is such a blessing and encouragement in our lives. For $32 a month we are changing the life of another person and giving her hope for a future. There really isn't a price you can put on that. Maybe $32 seems like a "large" amount out of your monthly budget. I can tell you that there hasn't been one month that I have regretted giving that money to Compassion on Alexandra's behalf. Our family has also given to her on her birthday and at Christmas and I am always amazed at how well-spent our gifts have been. We are clothing, feeding and educating a child that would not otherwise have had the opportunity for this quality of care and she has been introduced to Jesus Christ and she LOVES the LORD. She KNOWS that ALL GOOD THINGS comes from HIM...including, us, her sponsor family.

So, yes, if you do not already sponsor a Compassion Child, then I encourage you to do so. I can't tell you how nervous I was about starting this relationship, but when you look at the faces of the children, you can not help but be heart-tugged. It's well worth your investment.

Ok, so I've given my "pitch" - maybe I'll call it a plea for those less fortunate. Even if you can not or choose not to participate by sponsoring a Compassion child yourself, please go and read Angie's blog posts. It's a behind-the-curtain peek into the WORK of the Lord which is always worth taking time for. Hope you enjoy!

PS...If you have a sponsored child, or decide to sponsor one after seeing Angie's posts, please, let me know. We can rejoice together! Yay! and Thanks!

No comments: