Friday, April 3, 2009

Stone Church History




A few months ago after my husband got a GPS for Christmas Mark found a scenic drive to Lynchburg. I wish I could take a video of the sprawling white fenced farms and vineyards for you, but in all honesty the video would be nauseating because of the curvy roads. Of course, the curvy roads only add to the beauty of the Virginia countryside as you wait with anticipation to see what will be up around the next bend. On my first drive to Lynchburg I spotted this stone church. I have been fascinated with it ever since. I have slowed to see it, annoying the drivers behind me especially when I can't quite remember which bend it's around. Yesterday, in the misty fog Rhett and I stopped to see this beautiful old building up close. The pictures don't do it justice. It's just beautiful and its setting is quaint. It's surrounded by a cemetery on two sides and someday I hope to be brave enough to get out and wander through the grave stones. There is so much history here. If you'd like to read about the history of this church or see even more beautiful pictures, please visit the church's website.
(As a teaser, I will tell you there is mention of a few famous people in history, including one of our early presidents.)
Well, those were the photos I was hoping to get to share with you. Hope you enjoyed!

** On a side note, I requested prayer re: a situation that was making it difficult for Ashley to come home on Easter. The prayer was answered and she will be able to come home for the holiday without penalty. Thank you for your prayers.

No comments: