Sunday, April 19, 2009

Circus Time!

I forgot that I didn't tell you about our surprise trip to the circus! On Easter Sunday we had my Dad and another family friend, Jim, over for Easter dinner. We ate a big meal about 2:30pm and just as we were finishing our meal, the phone rang. Some friends of ours had 8 free tickets to the Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus. The tickets were for the 5pm show and they wanted to know if we wanted to go. We quickly said "sure," cleaned up the dinner dishes and headed out to the circus. Not exactly your typical Easter celebration, but LOTS of fun!

The highlight for most of my family was the ball with the motorcyclists in it. They started with four cyclists, then added one more...really cool. Then they went over the top for a total of 7 cyclists. I thought Dad might go into cardiac arrest just watching. It was amazing!

The tigers are my favorite...they are HUGE! I'm a big cat fan! They are beautiful creatures. I'm looking forward to Heaven where I'll hopefully be able to walk right up and give a big cat a good rub behind the ears. That might be too much information, huh! Ha! This crazy man in the picture lines up at least 5 of these tigers side by side in a row and then turns his back to put his arms up to the crowd. Crazy, he is! I sure hope they're well-fed before going out there or he might look like a tasty snack.

Ringling Bros. has music, acrobats, high-wire stunts, motorcycles, horses, dogs, & elephants. They put on a spectacular show. Everyone who attended (several of our friends were seated around us) hadn't been in many years and they loved it! We had a great time by the surprise invitation and enjoyed an Easter circus performance. If Ringling Bros. comes to your area, take your kids. I think you'll be glad you did!

No comments: