Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Blessed!

Have you ever just had a day where you felt blessed? Generally, I am more pessimistic than optimistic so when I have a day that I just feel like "bursting with joy" it surprises me. :)

Life is quiet at the moment (which usually means that something is just around the corner, right?), but I'm determined to enjoy it today. My house is clean, my kids are well, my husband is kind, my extended family is safe...Ha! I like how I put "my house is clean" right up there with all my family. It's just such an anomaly that the house is ALL THE WAY clean that I'm feeling blessed by it. Silly!

Tomorrow the kids and I travel to my sister-in-law's house for an overnight visit. My mom-in-law, who lives in CA, will be there visiting. I am SO looking forward to being with these women...two of my favorite in the world! I love being with them, because no matter what they are facing (and right now they are facing some big challenges) they face them head-on with grace and amazing faith. They are women I wish you all could know. Yes, we'll have a bunch of "monkey children" to look after while we visit, but the Lord has gifted us with some warm weather tomorrow so we'll put them outside and let them enjoy each other too!

Do you have a friend that you're thankful for? I received an email from a friend just telling me how much I encourage her. Why don't we tell those we are most thankful for how much they mean to us more often? I am so blessed to have friends who love me despite my flaws and forgive me when I have not been a good friend to them. Think about who blesses you with friendship and tell one of them how much they mean to you...and soon! You'll be blessed by sharing the love, I'm sure.

I'm so thankful for prayer. I love knowing that I don't have to carry the weight of the world on my shoulders. I have friends who are facing the death of loved ones, family facing financial struggles, illnesses and giant spiritual battles. I have concerns for my children, my family's future and my own spiritual life. In ALL THESE THINGS, God is faithful.

Psalm 108:4 For great is your love, higher than the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies.

Psalm 117:2 For great is his love toward us, and the faithfulness of the LORD endures forever. Praise the LORD.

We don't have to do life on our own! I can't imagine living without the knowledge that God has my life in His hands and if I entrust it to Him He will faithfully see it through to the end and beyond.

Well...as I write I have a daughter who decided to clean her ears with a q-tip and now has two bleeding ears. That quiet didn't last too long, but I hope you'll, also, be able to see the blessings of today somewhere along the way!

No comments: