Join us at Joyce's place for Hodgepodge fun.
1. How did you ring in the new year?
I'm so glad you asked because I went to my first dance! Yes, really, my first one. Friends invited our family to the event where we sash shayed the night away to folk dances from the 1800's. Dances like the Virginia Reel. It was a workout! We have been talking about it all day today and can't wait to make it a yearly tradition. Tip for next year: wear comfortable shoes.
2. What is one thing you are looking forward to in 2013?
My husband finishing his MBA. Right now he works full-time, studies full-time and adds a little bit of farming on the side. Who knows what he'll do with himself when he's done with school!
3. Steven Spielberg is quoted as saying, "All of us every single year, we're a different person. I don't think we're the same person all our lives." What say you?
Absolutely, true for me! I am a very goal-oriented person and I saw a lot of growth in several areas last year. If you experience new things and have to interact with new people, then you will become a different person.
4. The Pantone color of the year for 2013 is emerald green. Like or dislike? Do you already own something this color? Will you add something in this shade to your home or wardrobe in 2013?
I saw that was the new color and I LOVE it! I don't own anything in that color right now (but I did in the 80's.) If it makes it's way into fashion, I will definitely add it to my wardrobe. My winter coloring will love it!
5. Speaking of emerald...what's your favorite gemstone?
Diamonds are a girl's best friend.
6. Share a favorite book or movie from 2012.
My favorite book in 2012 (you can see what I read in the page tab at the top of the blog) was The Runaway Quilt by Jennifer Chiaverinni. I loved the story of how a quilt played into the underground railroad and I intend on making a replica of that quilt this year.
7. What is something you want to tell yourself at the start of this brand new year?
I read the January 1st entry in My Utmost For His Highest and decided to give 2013 a theme phrase: "My Best for His Glory."
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We were in a church hall, not a barn and most of the 75-100 attendees were dressed in modern dress clothes, but we were about this "rough" and it was such a good time. It's just too bad we have to wait a whole year to do it again.