Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Free Ebook Today Only

I am bursting with so many things I want to share with you, but one of those things has a deadline!

I have read (in)courage daily for the past few months and I'm surprised by how uplifting, encouraging and thought-provoking this blog can be. If you haven't checked it out, please, do so.

When today's post came through my Inbox I spent the time reading God-sized Dreams and the "Do What You Can" Plan with interest.   You see, right now I don't have a God-sized Dream on my plate for 2013, but I do know at my core that the Lord wants me to work on self-discipline in a BIG way this year.  Maybe that's something I can only dream of, but it's His plan for me.

I will post more on this later in the week, but the title "Do What You Can" Plan seemed intriguing so I went to Amazon and downloaded the Kindle App for my Mac (if for nothing else, thank you for opening up that world to me) and downloaded Holley Gerth's free ebook, The "Do What You Can" Plan / 21 Days to Making Any Area of Your Life Better.

After downloading the book I laid here on the couch and read through the whole thing. It didn't take long, but I wasn't clock-watching either. Don't you love slow days around the New Year!

I assumed that a free ebook with such a simple title would have platitudes heard a million times over and that it would be of no use to me, but the encouragement and common sense illustrations surprised me. I will definitely go back through the book more slowly and soak in some of the simple truths she so aptly describes.  The book is so encouraging without the added feelings of pressure or guilt about accomplishing whatever.  She has a wonderful easy-going writing style and you'll feel like you've met a friend at the coffee shop who is there to give you a little pick-me-up.

If you have any way of reading an ebook, take the time today and download this one! There are some poignant illustrations waiting for you too!

Enjoy!

3 comments:

gail said...

Nope; I still like the feel of a book in my hands!

Angie said...

I completely agree, but when a publication is only put on in e-form, I'm willing to give it a try if it interests me. A lot of self-published authors are going this way.

I did find it hard to focus while computer reading; I skimmed and kept wondering if I could print out the book. :)

Conny said...

thanks for the tip!! :) sounds like something for me.