Thursday, May 21, 2009

A Little Encouragement

I was writing a friend a note of encouragement today and thought, "We all could use this!" Hopefully, if she reads my blog she won't mind that I've shared my thoughts with you, as well.

As I've studied Esther these past 9 weeks I am amazed at the peace that God has given me. The unseen God in Esther had a pagan King and a Jewish princess in His providential care all along. God, who formed us, loves and cherishes us and works to make it ALL turn out for good for His followers, will never leave us or forsake us. Deuteronomy 31:8 says "The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

Psalm 138:8 says, "The Lord will perfect that which concerns me; your mercy, O Lord, endures forever; Do not forsake the works of your Hands."
God Almighty perfects that which concerns me - not just perfects me, but everything I care about. You can trust Him!

Our Father loves each of our family members with an unspeakable love; there are no words for it. We're privileged as mothers to get a glimpse of that love - our hearts can burst or break over our children in a way words can not describe, but God loves each of us far beyond what we can ever imagine.

Ashley plays this little game with the girls. They will be sitting looking at each other and Ashley will start saying, "Wait for it...wait for it...wait for it," until the sister breaks out into a big wide smile and giggles. That reminds me of Psalm 130:5-8:

v. 5 - I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, And in His word I do hope.
v. 6 - My soul waits for the Lord More than those who watch for the morning,
Yes, more than those who watch for the morning.
(2x's-twice as much as the shepherds on a night watch wait for the morning's sun to rise - such anticipation and longing.)
v. 7 - O, Israel, hope in the Lord. For with the Lord there is mercy and with Him is abundant redemption.
v. 8 - And He shall redeem Israel from all His iniquities.
He keeps His promises.) (emphasis mine)

The Lord knows all that concerns you because it concerns Him too. Grab hold of faith and wait for the abundant redemption of God. That is what I'm praying for each of us today. God CAN do it - just wait for it and He will turn your "mourning into dancing." (Ps. 30:11)

No comments: