Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Hodgepodge Love


Joyce always comes up with some interesting questions for a weekly Hodgepodge. Feel free to join us!

1. What is something you are loving right now?

Quilt pictures - library books, magazines, the web. Can't get enough. I have two projects to make as gifts in the next few months and I'm looking for just the right inspiration!


2. Paris, Venice, New York, and Rome are considered four of the most romantic cities in the world. Which one would you most like to visit?

Rome, hands down. I love history and ancient history is one of my favorites!
3. Are you a romantic?

I don't think so. My family would vehemently say no, I think. I do love some feminine things - candles, hand-written letters, good 'ole sappy love stories - books or movies, but I generally don't think I'm a romantic.
4. What's your favorite love story made for the Big Screen?

If you know ANYTHING about me, you'd know my answer will be...

Gone With The Wind

It's a duh! See here.

5. Everyone loves Pooh bear and friends...which character are you most like and why?
I took the quiz. it says I am Owl. Alwaysfull of stories and facts, you love to talk about your experiences. You don't always have the right information and you tend to talk too much. (Ouch!)

I thought I was Eeyore before the quiz. Owl does sound a little like me, however. :)
6. What's the best chocolate something you've ever eaten?

Hmm. Any chocolate I have in my mouth at the time?? Nothing really stands out. Love it all.

7. Share a favorite quote about love.

The following quotes are from The Christmas List by Pete Nelson

He thought of his father’s words. “You never stop loving your children – you can’t.” He tried to imagine how much love you’d have to have to give the world your only son. It was truly beyond imagining, and wasn’t that where faith began – where imagination left off?

(p. 197) And that, James realized, was how you had to love – risking everything, holding nothing back, no matter how much it might hurt to fall out of a tree, or out of love, or from grace. You didn’t hold back from loving for fear that you might lose what you love. You loved precisely because you could – indeed would – one day lose what you love. You’d lose everything in the end. It was what you did with your life in the meantime that mattered, how you carried forward your part of the conversation.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

I set this picture as my new desktop background and now I never want to leave my desk.
It's just pure beauty!


4 comments:

gail said...

You lost me at the mention of chocolate....

Krista said...

Have you checked out Pinterest for quilting inspiration? There are lots of good ones on there :) Have a great week!

Joyce said...

What a pretty picture! All I'd need is a book and a cup of tea and I'd be happy as a clam right there!

Jewel said...

Loved reading your answers to the hodgepodge, Angie, and that quilt picture IS beautiful!! I love GWTW, too!! :-)