Come join the fun at Lid's 2nd Cup of Coffee. Just cut and paste her questions, share your unique answers and link back to the Random Dozen Meme. It's that simple. You'll have fun, I promise.
1. When was the last time you laughed until you cried?
The last time I laughed until I cried was when I saw this video on my husband's IPhone as we're pulling into church on Sunday morning. What a fun way to start the day!
Peppers at the Farmer's Market. Gorgeous!
2. If you found $10 today, what would you do with it?
Tuck it in my wallet and save it for paper, office supplies or chocolate - my splurges. OR, give it to a needy college student - whichever came first.
3. Do you volunteer anywhere?
I've spent the last 3 years setting up a library at church and volunteering as a leader and registrar in my daughters' American Heritage Girl troop.
4. What is your favorite summertime veggie or fruit, and how do you eat it?
Green Beans - Sauteed. See the recipe here.
Love all kinds of fruit - blended in a cold frosty smoothie. See recipe here. And...maybe a cold slice of watermelon. Love that too. (A three for one answer! We like our food around here, what can I say.)
5. Is your social sphere (circle of friends) small, medium or large?
How subjective! At first, I thought, small. My closest friends are limited, but I have a wide range of good friends. So my answer is "just enough for me!" That'll leave you guessing. :)
6. When was the last time you attended a family or school reunion? How did that go?
My kids, mom and I attended a family reunion at the end of June. It was a lot of fun; see this post.
7. When you're feeling blue, what is the best way someone can cheer you up?
Not much. I usually have to find a way out of the blues myself. Flowers and chocolate help.
8. Have you taken a vacation this summer?
We took a trip to clear out Grandma's house. It did not feel like a vacation. My boys went to the Bahamas. I saw the pictures. I'm hanging in there until our annual vacation this fall.
9. What is the most unnecessary item you carry with you all the time?
Gum. I hate gum, but my girls like it.
10. What is the best summer flick you have seen so far?
Despicable Me - loved that movie. (I want a glow-in-the-dark minion!) Need to see Inception.
11. Describe a perfect summer day.
One with air conditioning, a cold glass of lemonade and maybe an old movie or good book. Now, if you asked me to describe a perfect autumn day, I'd have the details. I survive the summer. Be gone, hot weather, be gone!!
12. Please a share a favorite photo from the summer so far!