Friday, March 20, 2009

New Desk in the Works

I am posting as a reward to myself after balancing the checkbook...I had lost 50 cents and had to go back to February 14th to find my subtraction error. Urgh! That took me awhile! We were still dealing with illnesses back then so I guess I had my mind on other things besides accurate math.

I used to have my desk/computer area in my bedroom, but the furniture and space were woefully inadequate. So as a birthday present to myself, I traded spots with my children's computer/desk area in the finished basement. We moved their computer and paraphernalia up to my room and my mass of stuff came downstairs to this gorgeous & LARGE cherry desk. (Thank you, again, Lisa, for giving it to us!) I LOVE IT! The kids don't make a paper mess on their desk so now that they are in my room there is no mess when I go to bed (compared to my toppling piles.) I now have two desk file drawers, 4 smaller drawers and an expansive center drawer. Plus, my 4 drawer filing cabinet is right beside this desk down here! Whoo Hoo! I have been filing away and it is getting pretty! Maybe when I'm finished I'll post a picture or two. (that will motivate me!)

I know some of you out there may think I'm crazy, but I LOVE organizing and filing. It makes me VERY happy!! It's so much fun! I just wish it would stay that way, as Ginger mentioned to me recently. It takes maintenance, but if given the time, that's fun too.

You may be wondering why I would put the kid's computer in my bedroom. We are short on space and they are on during the day when there would be no disruption to my peace so we thought we'd give it a try. My son and husband both have computers and desks in that room now so they can play games and talk to each other at the same time in the evenings. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not. I will admit I have had a hard time going to bed on time this week. Once I get started on the desk organizing, I just don't want to stop. I will have to put an end to that. Anyway, that's what has been occupying all my free time the last few days. Just thought I'd share.

No comments: