Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Romans 12 - my own words

I had dinner with a sweet friend last night and we talked about sacrifice. This morning I was drawn to the Scriptures which included that word and enjoyed some time delving more deeply with my study Bible into Romans 12.

Romans 11:36-12:2

For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen.

I beseech you, therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.  And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

In my own words:

I counsel you, because all glory belongs to God, brothers (& sisters), by the gracious, extravagant love, grace, righteousness and faith in God, that you offer yourself completely to God's control, a living offering, holy, acceptable to God, which is your logical response. Don't masquerade or act like the world, but be transfigured by being saturated and controlled by the Word of God so that you can be God-approved, morally and spiritually spotless, just as the sacrificial animals were to be.