Thursday, November 8, 2012

Letters of Love and Encouragement

One of my newest most favoritest blogs is (in)courage.  I don't think there's been a daily post that I have not loved and/or been inspired to do something. It just speaks to my heart as a woman, a sentiment included in their blog header.

Anyway, yesterday they introduced me to a blogging phenomenon called More Love Letters.  You can read about it in this post.

I went web surfing and read about this endeavor of encouragement and can't wait to give it a try myself.

The premise:

Write an anonymous note of encouragement and either leave it in a public place or send it to More Love Letters. You can send a note to the organization for someone specific and it will be sent to them anonymously, say a co-worker who has just gone through a tragedy, or you can send letters that they can use in bundles to support someone going through a hard time.

We've all heard of Random Acts of Kindness, and while paying for someone's order behind you in the drive-through is a pick-me-up for that moment, a letter can have a lasting effect. It can be kept and reread again. There is something "magical" about getting a handwritten letter that expresses care and encouragement.

There are testimonials on moreloveletters.com and there are tips on how to get started. One of their suggestions was to have a group of girlfriends get together with stationery/pens/markers and spend an evening writing letters of encouragement to others. Wouldn't you feel great after an evening like that? I know I would.

I'm going to give this idea some more thought and see where the Lord leads me to encourage others. Check out both sites; I think you'll be glad you did.

1 comment:

Kara said...

Now that sounds really cool! I'll definitely check out the website. Thanks for mentioning it! :)