Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Moment by Moment

I went to see the doctor on Monday and he said I made his morning with the good report on my health. My blood pressure has been in the normal range for a few weeks now so the meds are working. Praise the Lord! With my doctor's support I am modifying my diet and being accountable for my exercise with the intent of getting off all meds in the future. I've set a six week goal of keeping a food journal and exercising a minimum of three times a week. So now that I've told you, I'll let you know each week if I've kept my goals. They are "baby steps" on the road to healthy living, but still a challenge for me.

In the wee hours of the morning recently, Katie came to my bedside to tell me about her nightmare. It was just enough to fully wake me up. I then laid in bed for an hour stressing about the responsibilities that need to be covered this week. Ever been there? It can often be overwhelming. As you know, I believe the Lord has given me this heavy load to help me grow in grace and to know Him more, but that didn't stop the adrenaline from pumping and the mind from spinning. The Father, again, gently reminded me that I was right - I couldn't successfully accomplish His will in my life this week - only HE could. I just took a deep breath and prayed, "Yes, Lord. Thank you for reminding me." I then got up and spent time in the Word and in prayer.

I then made my "to do" list - which was too long to actually accomplish and then prioritized what had to be done. By the end of the day I did all I had to do, plus, a few more things. Was I super-woman? Could I awe any other woman with my prowess of multi-tasking? NO WAY! Did I please the Lord? I think so, because we walked through the day together. I tried to share HIS love with everyone I encountered. I'd rather be that woman any day than the raging control freak who looks good only from the outside. We know the right answer - that our goal should be to glorify God. What He thinks of us has eternal consequences. This life is a vapor so why should I be trying to strive for what the world says is successful? Chasing after a vapor? No thanks. Chasing after God? That sounds good.

Are you searching for that quiet walk with God amidst the busyness of life? Do you long for peace, guidance, and the ability to be quiet enough to hear His still small voice? There are so many women who want to find God in the middle of actually living...the laundry, meals, schooling, work, volunteering, learning...it's all so busy. Here's a post that I hope will encourage you.

1 comment:

Kris Coffee said...

"We walked through the day together"...thank you for sharing your heart and encouraging mine in the process. You wrote what I needed to read. I love you!