Monday, June 3, 2013

Yummy cookies!

Last week I baked about 550 cookies, most of them for an event at church. I did this last year and remembered that you can't bake cookies in your house for days on end and expect your family not to hover. The smell of freshly baked cookies is difficult to resist.

So I baked them a batch prior to starting my marathon on Monday.

On Thursday when I was finished with the baking for church I noticed that the family stash had one lonely cookie left in it.  The church cookies needed to survive in my house until Friday afternoon so I baked two more batches for the family - one chocolate chip and one Butterfinger.

I certainly could have just made the Chocolate Chip Cookies (they were completely gone by Saturday!), but I love my newest recipe Butterfinger cookies. They are nutty, chewy, and a little crunchy around the edges.

For me they are the perfect cookie.

So I guess I baked my family a batch and myself a batch.

Yesterday I worked a 12 hour day and I must admit I thought about the Butterfinger cookies back home  during many of those hours. I used the bait of these tasty cookies to hold me back from scarfing down the delectable treats we set out for volunteers/staff: doughnuts, muffins, brownies, cake. I maintained a healthy eating day (yay, me!) and rewarded myself with ONE Butterfinger cookie at the end of the day.

It was ever so sweet.

Interested in giving them a try? You can find the recipe on my cooking blog here.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Joyce said...

I've made a butterfinger cookie before, thanks for the reminder : ) I haven't made them in eons, but they were delish! Enjoy your week!