Wednesday, June 22, 2011
1. Summer's here-whoohoo! What's your favorite sight, sound, AND smell associated with summer?
My favorite sight is seeing fireworks from the vantage point of the Iwo Jima Memorial. The display lights up the Mall and the Lincoln Memorial and Washington Memorial never looked better! With the Capitol in the background it often brings a tear to my eye as I thank the Lord for our free country.
Fave sound - kids splashing at the pool.
Fave smell - anything my man cooks on the grill. Yum!
2. Fireflies or lightning bugs...what are they called in your neck of the woods?
Don't know what Virginians call them, but this Midwest girl calls them both. Generally, fireflies, though.
3. What is something from the past week that reminded you of your childhood?
This is crazy, but I watched the tv show, Hoarders, and there was a woman on the show who had the same stubbornness as my grandma. It made me miss her very much.
4. Define 'the good life'.
The good life is life with God. Knowing that He has redeemed me and walks with me makes any circumstance bearable. Having children who love the Lord and are following Him is truly the "good life."
5. Tell us what we'd see if you took a snapshot of your desk/work space?
Well, this is motivating! You can barely see my desktop and, no, I'm not taking a picture. Well, maybe later. It would make a good before/after post. With the wedding earlier in the month, my desk was completely neglected and I have been promising myself to get it put back in order this month, but haven't had the motivation. Maybe this question (and the honest response I had to give) will be just the "kick" I need!
6. Peaches or watermelon...yes, you have to choose.
Watermelon. Love it!
7. Ever been skinny dippin'? Is that too much for the Wednesday Hodgepodge? Rest assured we won't need details...unless of course you feel you must but remember, this is a family friendly blog so keep it G rated.
8. Meet Biscuit, our 3 month-old puppy. We're not quite sure what mix she is since she was a rescue. She has lots of personality, but is coming along in her training. On any given day, she can be a joy and a terror! Sound like a puppy? At the end of the day, we just can't resist that face. (Here she has taken the selvages from some flannel blankets and made them her own.)
Joining Joyce for Hodgepodge Wednesday!