Sunday, December 29, 2013

Refinished Rocker

At work/church one Sunday some friends and I got talking about refinishing furniture and I mentioned how much I've enjoyed finishing a couple small tables of my own.

The next Sunday they brought in an antique rocking chair that had been in their family for over 100 years and asked if I would refinish it for them. 

(pic taken in the church parking lot)

I said I'd take on the task if my Dad would help me with the project. He agreed so we took a couple of weeks and cleaned it up!

The chair turned out pretty well and we enjoyed working on it together. My friends were pleased with the outcome and will, hopefully, enjoy it for many years to come.

*a sweet side note, I hid the chair in one of our unused nursery rooms when returning it right before the owner's birthday. After the "reveal" she sat in the chair and nursed her infant daughter and said she imagined her grandmother and mother doing the same thing in the chair down through the years. You could tell it meant a lot - so much so that she didn't even wait to get it home!

1 comment:

Joyce said...

What a beautiful job you did! Happy 2014!