Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Two Songs For You

A few weeks ago I was driving in my husband's truck and listening to Satellite Radio. That evening I was listening to THE MESSAGE channel and Natalie Grant was debuting her new CD, Hurricane. During the broadcast Natalie shared the stories behind each song with a small live audience. There were some very poignant moments and I found myself reaching for tissues a couple of times.  At the stoplights I also reached for my pen and notepad to jot down the titles of songs I wanted to purchase on iTunes so I could listen to them again and again.


While I like the song, Whisper, I truly liked what Natalie had to say about it.
The jist of what she said was so very often we want God to thump us over the head with what He has to say to us - if His words came like lightening, it would be so much easier to know His mind.
But He doesn't do that.

Why?

Because God is too close to yell.

He has to whisper.

That thought made me want to pull over and just listen right then and there.
It's so true. We want the message on the loud speaker. 
We're busy. 
We want it to be easy.

But the Lord wants to sit with us and He wants us to quietly listen.


My newest favorite song is When I Leave the Room. 

Natalie wanted to write a song for her little girls, but she said she wanted to write only ONE really good one. She worked at it for months and nothing seemed right. She was touring with Nichole Nordeman and had her family along. Nichole understood Natalie's heart and after the tour ended Nichole called and said, "I think I have something for you." She sent the lyrics to this song. Natalie and her husband, Bernie Herms, put the lyrics to a haunting tune that will tug at your heart. You may want to reach for the tissues before listening! It's the new Butterfly Kisses, I think.

I found my notes from the ride and have made my purchases. If you're interested in reading more about the album, you can read about it at nataliegrant.com

I hope you enjoy.

1 comment:

Conny said...

We are seldom up to date on the newest songs coming out so I appreciate the recommendations!!