Saturday, July 7, 2012

Blue is the Color for July


So Scrappy hosts a linky party each Saturday where quilters can share their latest creations that pertain to the color of the month. July's color is blue so I've included a picture of two mug rugs I made for Susan, a fellow blogger who won them during May. I forgot to take a picture before sending them off to her (I was a little excited!), but Susan took this picture and posted it on her blog. I borrowed the picture so you could see my blue creations!


I tried 4 new blocks and I love how they turned out, especially the tea cup. I used patterns from 130 Mini Quilt Blocks by Susan Briscoe, which I had borrowed from the library. I enjoy the book so much, I ordered myself a copy on Amazon.


Now that things have settled down for a couple of weeks, and the electricity is back on, I'm hoping to get a lot of quilting done this month! There should be more blue posts to come!

4 comments:

gail said...

How long were you without electricity? That is a horrible thing. Glad you are back.

Deb A said...

Very pretty mug rugs. Love the blue and the teacup is really cute!

scraphappy said...

So cute! Glad your power is back on, living without is no fun.

Nel said...

I am so impressed, you are really getting into the quilting! Very pretty. Just catching up on posts... you did have the storm didn't you? Bless your hearts!
until next time... nel