Friday, December 31, 2010

Still Waiting...

On Jan 2, 2010 I wrote the following about this shirt:

I call it the skinny white shirt...not because I would be skinny in it, but I would be skinnier. It doesn't fit at the moment! Ahh! This is the first time I've ever been cajoled into buying something that I actually can't wear. What Not To Wear would be all over this one! Anyway, I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw it and thought it would look sooo cute on. Ashley said to try it and I assured her it wasn't in my size. We took it to the dressing room anyway.

Needless to say, I did get it on my body, but just barely. I'd have a ways to go before wearing it in public. When I got home and told my husband about my purchase (emphasizing the great price!), I then hung it on the knob of my closet, saying that I should leave it there for a reminder. Then I stepped back and said, "I should leave it hanging on my refrigerator as a reminder." Don't think that would really work too well; it's white, you know.

I am hopeful that I will be "IN" the shirt by my birthday in mid-March. I am hopeful that this doesn't make it in my last blog post of 2010 as "the shirt never worn...but what a good price!" Nineteen year olds...what influences they can be!

Well, it's made it to the last blog post of 2010 as "shirt never worn...but what a good price!" I have a better plan for 2011, plus the motivation of my daughter's June 4th wedding, to get me into that shirt. We'll have to see how long it takes me! I don't want to see it still hanging in the closet at the end of 2011. If so, we'll give it a proper going-away party!

3 comments:

Joyce said...

Good luck with your goal and congratulations on your daughter's wedding! What an exciting year this will be for you and your family.

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

Angie,
Just read your post on Beth Moore's blog. I,too, am a fearful person and want to become more trusting in the year 2011. May God bless us both as we try to learn to turn our fears over to HIM!!!

Happy New Year!

Marilyn...in Mississippi

Unknown said...

I'm praying with and for you Blog Friend. I can relate to this post in so many, too many, ways. I've done just what you are talking about only to find myself giving the clothes away or selling them in a garage sale.

I feel like God gave me a word tonight about healing for my fleshly appetites. I'm praying that He expounds on that this year. Looking forward to seeing you around the LPM block. Thought I would pop over and say hey!

Blessings.