I grew up in the Midwest where my family called a sundae a "sun-duh" and a soda a "sodie." Upon entering college I quickly changed their pronunciations to fit the norm, but my SoCal husband LOVES to tease me about "sun-duh" every so often.
2. How do you feel about the use of texting shortcuts and trends? (ex: "I've got ur notes. Get them 2 u 2morow.")
I feel gr8! (Got a college kid, remember!)
3. Tell me about your high school senior picture. Please feel free to post.
I came home from school on the afternoon of my senior picture and decided that my bangs were too long so I went into the bathroom and started hacking away. They were a little short, but not catastrophically so. This whole outfit, including necklace, was given to me by the guy I was dating at the time. Sentimental.
5. Share a high school or college homecoming memory.
Our college didn't have homecoming, but we did have formals with banquets and plays/concerts. Those BIG dates were always highlights of the year. Here's a picture of Mark and I looking much younger and thinner than today.
6. Linda at Mocha with Linda wants to know: "Do you prefer sunrises or sunsets?"
That's tough. Generally, I prefer sunsets, but I do enjoy watching the sun come up while I'm having devotions on the couch.
7. Lea at Cici's Corner asks, "What is something you have not done that you desire to do?"
Sightseeing in London
8. Carol at Wanderings of an Elusive Mind ponders, "If you could come back [in another life] as an animal, which would it be?"
9. Joyce from The Other Side of the Pond is curious: "Where were you 10 years ago?" Please feel free to elaborate more than just your physical location.
I had just moved to Northern Virginia where I wasn't sure I wanted to be. I had left a big sprawling ranch-house on the outskirts of Fresno for a very tiny bungalow in suburban Washington DC. We had left our beloved church and dear friends and were just getting settled and trying to figure out how to make friends in this new city. We weren't in "Kansas" anymore!
10. When you are proven to be correct in any contentious discussion, do you gloat?
Who, me? Maybe. Sometimes.
11. What is your favorite food which includes the ingredient "caramel?"
Death by Caramel bars. See recipe here.
12. If you could be part of any fictional family, which family would you choose and why?
Pseudo-fictional: Laura Ingalls family on Little House on the Prairie. Michael Landon was a great dad! How badly I wanted to be in that family!