Join us at Linda's blog for some Random Christmas fun!
1. Which physical trait do you now accept--maybe not love, but accept--and no longer feel extremely self-conscious about?
Hope this doesn't make anyone ill, but I've never felt extremely self-conscious about my physical traits(except the mole I got removed from my nose in Jr. High). My body has changed a lot, but I think I take most of these changes in stride.
2. This week Meredith Baxter Birney, best known as the mom on the favorite 80s sitcom "Family Ties" came out of the closet, which led me to formulate this question: Who do you think is/was the best TV mom?
Tie! Mrs. Walton and Mrs. Ingalls. Both dispensed wisdom with calm, both let their kids learn some things the hard way, both made the most out of what little they had, and both looked at life with a sense of humor. I miss those shows!
3. Do you speak any foreign languages? Are there any you'd like to learn?
I speak a LITTLE Spanish and German and I know some French lullabies (thanks, Mom!).
I would like to improve my Spanish skills.
4. Who is your personal hero?
Ugh, I saved this question to answer for last. I'm not a big "hero" person. I admire many traits about everyone I know; I struggle to find a "hero" in any ONE person, but the one person who keeps coming to mind is Peter, a disciple of Jesus. I identify with Peter's personality a lot. I can be impetuous, unreliable, passionate, adamant about truth and fallible. What I love about Peter is that as Christ's transforming work continues in his life, we see Peter become steady, reliable, while continuing to walk in truth passionately. Peter gives me hope that God can use anyone. So, I guess, that makes him a hero to me.
5. What is one holiday food that you find extremely difficult to resist over- indulging in?
Maybe Red Cake or fudge...yum!
6. Tell me about a Christmas decoration that has special meaning or sentimental value.
7. How do you feel about snow?
Beyond giddy...I LOVE SNOW!!! LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!! We usually get our first snowfall on Dec. 5th (Really, it has first snowed on Dec. 5th about 7 of the 10 years we've lived outside of Wash DC!) My son shares with others that if I see a snowflake whirling in the air, we take the day off of school, break out the winter gear and get the hot chocolate ready. Snow makes me happy; I just can't help it.
8. On average, how many hours of sleep do you get each night? Not that I'm jealous of any number over three or anything.
7-8 hours; love my sleep too!
9. Tell me about your first crush.
I was in 1st grade (yep, I started early.) Mrs. Spencer, my teacher, had an 8th grade son who attended the same elementary school as I did. Mrs. Spencer's son, Tom, would spend his recess in our classroom grading our papers. I was IN LOVE! He was Sooooo Cute! I did my very best on every paper, because I wanted to impress Tom with my good grades. Ha! Can you imagine! When he was in our classroom, I just sat there staring...did I mention, soooo cute? :) Poor boy!
10. You're stuck in a room for 2 hours with only a chalkboard and chalk. What will you write/draw?
When I read this question, I immediately knew my answer. It's embarrassing. I would write whatever - probably the Pledge of Allegiance. I would be working on perfecting my chalkboard writing skills. Weird! I used to be a kindergarten teacher, what can I say.
11. Do you dress for the current temp or for the day's forecast?
Dress for the forecast. My kids have a cow when I make them wear a heavy jacket, knowing it will turn cold in the afternoon. Funny though, I never hear them complain about it once the cold weather gets here.
12. Favorite Christmas movie is?
I LOVE White Christmas. It is the only one I MUST watch (you know, "Snow, Snow, Snow, Snow!), but I love It's a Wonderful Life and Alastair Sim's A Christmas Carol too. It really wouldn't be a complete Christmas without all three.