Ehhh...yes and no. I might try a taste of something new with my family or share my Italian Cream Soda at Macaroni Grill with my girls (if they're well), but generally, I'm not about sharing. Friends - sorry.
2. What have you learned this year? (You didn't see a question of that weight coming, did you? At least not for #2.)
The brevity of life. We celebrated my grandmother's 80th birthday in May and she passed away in November. I had a cardiac event (like a heart attack, but with no damage) in August and that clearly painted the picture of how life can change in a moment. I think I've appreciated each day and lived more purposefully since then.
3. When do you dismantle the Christmas decorations?
On a good year during the week between Christmas and New Years (happened maybe once or twice!) Generally, I start taking it down on New Year's Day and it takes me a few days slowly puttering around to get it done. There's always a few items that I find later in Jan or Feb that somehow no one noticed though.
4. Something you wish to accomplish before the end of 2009 is:
A clean desk to begin the new year.
5. How do you feel about winter (after Christmas)?
I LOVE winter!!! LOVE IT! I get giddy when it snows. I love to bake when it's cold outside. I love the "quiet" of winter.
6. Have you participated in after-Christmas sales?
Does buying underwear online count? I do not go out into the fray of Walmart or the mall. I have a return to take back at Target, but I will wait another week or so to venture out.
7. Do you have plans for New Year's Eve?
We usually have a house full, but this year we can't find anyone available. Sad. We might go to my parents or we might go to a co-worker's party and try some international fun/food.
8. Is there anything special awaiting you in January?
My daughter's 8th birthday! She brings me such joy! She loves parties and I'm sure we'll throw a big one with friends sometime in January.
9. If your life this year was a movie, what category or genre would it be? (Romance, Comedy, Drama, Thriller, Suspense, Farcical, etc.)
DRAMA!!! (see question # 2), plus I have a college-age daughter who is seriously dating...DRAMA!!
10. How much time per day do you spend blogging? Please do not lie. I will know.
I go in spurts. At least one Saturday morning a month I will spend the whole morning writing posts for both blogs. I'll get 4-5 posts per blog and feel like I'm getting ahead. Ha! Some evenings I will just check my favorite blogs to read - under 15 min. total. Some nights I just read blogs for a couple of hours. I enjoy getting to "meet" new bloggers and it's a treat for me to spend time in the bloggy world.
11. Who runs your household?
Ummm...I'm the Chief Executive, but the Chairman of the Board is Mark. I keep us running, but the big decisions go to the top!
12. Share one hope/dream for 2010.
I want to reach out and make new friends in 2010...not worry about the house being perfectly clean, the food just right, etc. I just want to spend time with people and ENJOY them.