Sunday, February 22, 2009

Why Not!

For the past couple of years I've toyed with the idea of starting a blog. I've occasionally enjoyed reading the blogs of others - some family, some friends, some strangers - and wondered what prompted them to share their life in this format. I've heeded my husband's warning to my oldest child as she launched into Face Book that "once it's out there, it's out there!" Then he started his own blog!

I've always been a writer. From my preschool years I was always happiest with paper and pen, crayon, marker or pencil in hand. I began journaling in 6th grade when my English teacher would make us journal 10 minutes every day. You couldn't put your pen down and ponder in class, so there were a lot of journal entries describing the boys in the adjoining rows, but that daily exercise of putting thoughts into writing was such a wonderful gift to me. My Bible, my journal and my pen have been and are some of the greatest comforts in my life. They are actually a lot more than just comforts, but that's another blog entry.

I've read blogs that are inspiring, blogs that are funny, blogs that inform, and blogs that just share life's journey - the good and the bad. I've read poetry and seen beautiful photographs; I've admired handmade crafts and decorated rooms. I've seen newborns, the elderly and all the ages in between. What a treat to have a view into so many people's lives! I've been enriched, challenged, entertained and blessed by the blogs I've read. So I thought, "Why Not!" I'll open my journal/life up to you and hopefully, I'll be able to enrich, challenge, entertain or bless you as we share together. Happy Reading!

No comments: