Saturday, October 22, 2011

Peace


Recently I had a prayer request that was potentially life-changing for our family. It was regarding a job. When I shared the request with a fellow homeschool mom, she stopped and prayed with me. Her prayer was centered around me knowing the Lord's will by the peace He would bring as He revealed the answer.

I was able to go away with friends to a cabin in West Virginia where I had plenty of quiet time to ask God to show me His answer. He actually used a secular book, plus Proverbs to answer my prayer, but I kept thinking back to my friend's request, that I would know His PEACE. I had a strong sense of peace to not make any big changes. When I got home and shared with my husband and my mother, both agreed.

Of course, Philippians 4:7 kept coming to mind: And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Do you have anything right now in which you need to know God's mind/will? Pray for the answer to be revealed in His Word and with an overwhelming (can't understand it!) peace. He wants you to have it!

My prayer for you this week is Romans 15:13, "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."

No comments: