Sunday, January 3, 2016

Scripture Writing

Have you tried Scripture writing?

The only time I've ever written out passages of Scripture was as a aide to memorization.  The act of writing helps me, as a visual learner, "see" the verses in my head. Anyone else?

A friend of mine, Amy, and I teamed up as partners in the 2015 Siesta Scripture Memory plan hosted by Living Proof Ministries. Beth Moore has hosted a Scripture memory plan every other year so we needed to come up with something on our own for 2016. Amy introduced me to a scheduled Scripture writing plan hosted by the Sweet Blessings blog. You can read about it here. (She has a cute printables too!)

I've written out the passages in my prayer notebook for the first 3 days of January. After that, I used the rest of my page to record a prayer that flows from what I just jotted down. It's been very encouraging!


If you're looking for a fresh new way to have the Scriptures come alive for you, you may want to give Scripture writing a try. I'm glad I did! 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mom was writing out entire books a few years ago. I write out meaningful verses then a prayer oftentimes. I'm not good at writing/journaling period, but am hoping to be more consistent this year. Thanks for the encouragement.