Time for the Hodgepodge with Joyce.
1. The Hodgepodge falls on the last day of February this year, a leap year. How will you spend that extra day?
It will be just like any other Wednesday - homeschooling & homemaking!
2. What has recently required a leap of faith on your part?
I joined a quilt swap in February. By mid-March I am making a mini-quilt for another blogger. I only have a few weeks to get it done and I'm so nervous about it that I haven't even started. Maybe that's what I should be doing on Leap Day!
3. We're one week into the season of Lent...are you marking these 40 days in some way? Giving something up or adding something extra to normal life? How's it going so far?
No, I am not participating in Lent. I have been working on goals for the year and I've been tracking them daily/weekly. I'm doing well on some; others not so much. I'm trying to give myself grace in light of the progress I've made and I'm trying to learn/change in the areas that still need help.
4. When was the last time you sat beside a fire?
The last time I ENJOYED a fire was at my parent's house Feb 11th. It was toasty!
5. Surf and Turf is on the menu. Do you order as is or do you ask for just the surf (lobster), just the turf (steak), or a menu so you can select another option?
Hmmm. I love both surf and turf, but I usually never order it because it's too much food to eat at one sitting. If I have another choice I usually go with seafood. Love seafood.
6. If you could have any television program back, not in reruns but in new episodes, what program would you choose?
I just liked this show...time travelling newspaper reporter.
(aired in 2007)
7. They say an elephant never forgets. These days would you say your memory is more like an elephant or a gnat?
Honestly, now that my life has slowed down because of living out on the farm, my memory is more like an elephant. I do have this weird tick though. If I forget what I was wanting to do, I say aloud, "What's my name?" and immediately I will remember what it was I wanted to do. Need therapy, you think?
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Since I'm participating in Joyce's Hodgepodge, it has me thinking about the A-Z Challenge that she suggested/that I joined. I have the month of March to plan my posts and I'm trying to think of a theme that my readers might enjoy. I've been leaning towards organizational tips, general helpful tips or Pinterest A-Z. I've also thought about doing a photo A-Z challenge, but to be honest, I'm hoping to increase my followers by participating in the challenge so I want to draw reader to the daily posts. What short post would you come back to read every day?